District Five Work Program Public Hearing 2017
The Department has developed the Five-Year Work Program in accordance with section 339.135 Florida Statutes. The development of this Work Program involved extensive coordination with local governments, including Metropolitan Planning Organizations and other city and county officials. Public hearings were held in each of the seven transportation districts, and a statewide public hearing was held by the Florida Transportation Commission. The Florida Transportation Commission performed an in-depth review of this Work Program, and presented the results to the Executive Office of the Governor.
The Department has based this Work Program on sound, multimodal transportation concepts and the best available forecasts of costs and funding. As such, the Department has the financial capacity to embark on projects as they are planned. However, any diversion of state revenues presently dedicated to transportation-related purposes could limit the Department's ability to finance and deliver this Work Program. Also, the following circumstances, which are beyond the control of the Department, may significantly influence the stability of this work program:
- Changes in federal or state revenue estimates
- Increased inflation rates
- Changes in bond market conditions
- Changing federal regulations
- Difficulty in acquiring right of way
- Ecological and environmental factors
- Extraordinary increases in right of way costs
- Unanticipated contract litigation
- Other economic forces impacting state transportation revenues
- Changes in MPO/Local priorities
- The Department is committed to the policy of implementing projects as scheduled in this Work Program, minimizing changes to the plan, and ensuring appropriate communication of any necessary changes as they occur.
Click here to access the current adopted work program.